Our incredibly talented Visual Arts and Media Staff at St Bede’s College make it possible for our students to achieve their individual creative goals. Through a vibrant curriculum, we address the creative spirit innate in all students, providing them with the knowledge and skills that will allow them to remain artistic throughout their lives.
Students who elect VCE Art, Media or Visual Communication Design are rewarded with dedicated staff who work with them on their personal direction and goals, helping them to build a folio designed to impress tertiary institutions.
- Visual Communication and Design
- Textile art
Campus Studios and Classrooms
We pride ourselves on our art facilities for practical work, offering a diversity of environments for students to create.
- 4 large art studio classrooms with large sink areas
- 4 professional printmaking presses
- Full canvas-making facilities
- 2 dedicated visual communication design studios with iMac computers and full Adobe suite for every student
- Large display and gallery area
- Professional ceramics studio with 3 kilns, multiple pottery wheels and full glazing facilities
- Purpose-built media classrooms with iMacs and Adobe Creative Suite.
Structure of Visual Arts and Media
- Year 7: Art compulsory for 1 semester
- Year 8: Art compulsory for 1 semester
- Year 9: Art elective for 1 or 2 semesters
- Year 10: Art/Media/Visual Communication elective for 1 or 2 semesters
- Year 11 and 12: VCE Art / Visual Communication Design / Media
The St Bede’s College Annual Art, Media and Technology Show is held every October and is a highlight of the College calendar,
This large exhibition features the work of students across Years 7 to 12 and throughout all subject areas in Visual Arts and Media. The show is supported by sponsors such as Audi Centre Brighton, Thompson Real Estate, the Parents and Friends Association and the Old Collegians Association, all of whom donate prizes ranging from $50 to $400.
Excursions and Incursions
Throughout the year, students have the opportunity to experience excursions and incursions including:
- Art Camp at Philip Island
- NGV Top Arts/Top Designs
- NGV International exhibitions
- Life Drawing with artist Linda Hamilton
- Other visiting artists
- Other relevant exhibitions and studio visits as appropriate
- VCAA ‘Top Screen’ and ATOM exam revision seminars