Statement of Purpose
The St Bede’s College Parents and Friends Association is a group of volunteers who play an
integral role in assisting the College to create a friendly, welcoming and inclusive
environment for members of our College community.
The Parents and Friends Aims to:
- Promote a sense of belonging and spirit of union within the College community
- Act as a conduit between parents and the College
- Coordinate social activities within the College community
- Support the College and its Mission and Vision
- Direct funds towards projects in association with the College
The Parents and Friends Association Committee is responsible for the overall planning and
organisation of the P&F and consists of the following positions:
- Vice President
- General Committee (6)
Election of committee members takes place at the AGM in November. The Committee meets monthly. All parents, whether a member of the committee or not are welcome to attend these meetings. Only Committee Members have the ability to cast votes on decisions made within these meetings.
We understand that parents are busy and cannot commit to regular meetings. If you would like to be involved but cannot be on the Committee you can volunteer to assist us in other ways CLICK HERE
In 2000 we introduced a small levy in lieu of all major fundraising. All families are now asked to make a minimal contribution once a year.
Our aim with these funds is to enhance the school experience so that all students benefit in some way during their time at St Bede’s College. In consultation with the Principal, projects are identified as suitable priorities for the Parents and Friends to fund and complete.
In the past the Parents and Friends have funded projects such as:
- Refurbishment of Cypress lodge
- Refurbishment of the Lecture Theatre and purchase of outdoor seating
- Drinking fountains and sporting equipment.
Events held throughout the year include:
- Parents welcome evening
- Annual social evening
- Devonshire tea on Grandparents Day
- Assistance with the Visual Arts show and sponsorship of several Art prizes
- Mother’s Day and Father’s Day Stalls
- Mother’s Day Breakfast
- Father’s Day Breakfast
- The Flying start End of year Breakfast for parents – a great opportunity to welcome
- new St James parents to the College
- Movie Club / Book Club and Walking Club
Please see the Upcoming Events page for more details.
If you would like to be involved, please email the Parents and Friends at email@example.com