St Bede’s College is conscious of improving recycling levels and of the desire by many parents wishing to trade their second-hand textbooks. To assist in improving services to parents at the school, in place of the second-hand book stalll held at the College in previous years, we are utilising the “Sustainable Book Shop” for second-hand Textbook Trading.
The books you list will be the first to sell during the normal end of year trading period. You need to nominate the school (St Bede’s College Mentone) when you register on the Sustainable School Shop website to receive your free Annual Family Membership.
To take advantage of this online service, please visit: www.sustainableschoolshop.com.au
NOTE: In late November each year, the printed booklists are delivered to the school for the following year.
When the new booklists are released and for great results:
- It is important to list Wanted and For Sale ads so parents tell each other their requirements.
- The schools booklists will be loaded into the system to make the ad listing process easy.
- The system matches the ads of buyers with sellers and notifies the buyer (Wanted ad) via an Ad Match email.
- Buyers contact sellers and arrange where and when to trade.
- Most trading will occur with other parents from the school.
- Parents are supported by Sustainable School Shop with telephone (1300 683 337) and email help lines.
- Over time you will see which parents have the most books you need.
The service provides access to second-hand textbooks all year round; parents can even trade with other parents from different schools and sell textbooks no longer in use at our school. Items such as calculators, stationery, musical equipment, etc can also be advertised and traded.
If you don’t have a computer, internet access or an email address, please call the Sustainable School Shop for assistance.