The P&F (Parents and Friends Association) is a group of parents and friends whose role is to provide support and assistance to the Principal and staff of the College to enhance the quality of Educational facilities for all boys at St Bede’s College.
Date: 2nd Wednesday of each month (All welcome and see list of dates below)
Time: 7:30pm – 8:30pm
Venue: Front Foyer of the Hall, with stunning ocean views, opposite the front oval and flagpole
The Annual General Meeting:
The AGM is held in November each year and starts earlier at 7:00pm and will be held in the Sports Centre Function Room.
The aim of the Association is to create opportunities for families to familiarize themselves with the running of St. Bede’s, in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere, while getting to know other parents and staff. They do this by holding social functions throughout the year.
Further aims of St Bede’s College Parents and Friends Association include:
- The fostering of friendships and development of a support network within the St Bede’s community
- To acts as a conduit between the parents and the School.
- To co-ordinate social occasions where parents, friends and staff of the School can join together to foster friendships
- To support the School and its aims
- To benefit our child’s education by assisting in the allocation of the funds for the future growth and development of the school by ensuring that the School continues to be a quality learning environment in which both the students and staff thrive.
- to make new friends
- to learn what’s happening in the college.
- to enjoy social functions.
- to share ideas and talents.
- to become involved in the college Community.
What About Fundraising?
In 2000, for numerous reasons, we introduced a small levy in lieu of major fundraising. All families are now asked to make this minimal contribution once per year.
What Happens to the Levy Funds?
In previous years all departments of the College were invited to apply in writing to the Pn&F for additional aids and equipment, which were unable to be met by normal college funding. However in 2007 after discussion with the Principal, the Parents and Friends Association have decided to fund several larger projects which will continue to benefit the widest cross section of students possible. (In 2009 Parents and Friends gave $35,000 to St Bede’s to help refurbish the Lecture Theatre and purchase outdoor seating).
Our aim is in endeavouring to enhance the college equipment so that all students benefit in some way
during their time at St. Bede’s College.
Some of the things that we do include:
- We assist staff by hosting and catering for the parent welcome evenings
- Hosting New Parents luncheon (Usually in early February)
- Social Evenings – at intervals
- Serve Devonshire Teas on Grandparents Day
- Assist at the College Art Show.
- Sponsor the Annual Acquisitive Art & Technology Awards.
- Attend annual retreats at “Cypress Lodge” in Phillip Island.
- Make new friends and enjoy ourselves whilst contributing to the college community.
So if you are enthusiastic and like to be involved in your child’s community please email the P&F at
Thank you. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to ring us.